Latest ATH News
- 19 Jan 13: The 2012 Armchair Treasure Hunt Results have been published.
- 14 Dec 12: The 2012 Armchair Treasure Hunt has been published. Keep checking the Setter's Notes during the Hunt.
- 02 Dec 12: The 2012 Armchair Treasure Hunt set by Mike Wood will be published here at midday on 14 December 2012. In the meantime, take a look at the ATH Poster.
- 26 Oct 12: Subsequent ATH setters are confirmed as Brian Jackson (Xmas 2013), Alcoholus Lubricatum (2014) and tentatively Dave Kee (2015).
- 15 Jan 08: Pablo, setter of this year's Hunt and many others before, is remembered.
Welcome to the Logica Armchair Treasure Hunt
The Armchair Treasure Hunt was established in 1985 and has become something of a Logica (now part of CGI) institution.
Every year, just before Christmas, a different setter buries or hides a small box somewhere in England. They then design a set of elaborate puzzles and clues that reveal where it is hidden. Those clues are posted on this website. The challenge is to be the first to unearth the box, a task that usually takes a dedicated team anywhere from a week to a month to accomplish.
Generous prizes are on offer from the Logica/CGI Sports and Social Club, not only for being the first to reach the box, but also for the best solution to the puzzle, the best entry from an ATH 'virgin' and anything else the setter deems worthy. The competition is open to anybody, but prizes can only be claimed by teams captained by a Logica/CGI employee.
This site contains the Current Hunt, a History of previous hunts, some Guidelines and other useful material for new entrants, and Resources for Armchair Treasure Hunt setters. Refer to the Contacts page for the current website owner.
Pablo, who was responsible for the Logica Armchair Treasure Hunt and much of this website besides, sadly passed away after a long battle against cancer in October 2007. He will be very much missed by all ATHers.