Latest ATH News
- 25 Jul 14: Subsequent ATH setters are confirmed as Alcoholus Lubricatum (Xmas 2014), Dave Kee (2015) and Steve Hames (2016).
- 04 Mar 14: Ticker Tape Parade. The prize giving at the Parcel Yard from 6pm.
- 17 Jan 14: The 2013 ATH Solution, Setters' Notes, Results and Hunters' Tales have been published.
- 14 Jan 14: The 2013 Armchair Treasure Hunt set by Brian Jackson and Phil Stockton has now finished.
- 15 Jan 08: Pablo, setter of this year's Hunt and many others before, is remembered.
Welcome to the CGI Armchair Treasure Hunt
The Logica Armchair Treasure Hunt was established in 1985 and has become something of a Logica, and more recently CGI, institution.
Every year, just before Christmas, a different setter buries or hides a small box somewhere in England. They then design a set of elaborate puzzles and clues that reveal where it is hidden. Those clues are posted on this website. The challenge is to be the first to unearth the box, a task that usually takes a dedicated team anywhere from a week to a month to accomplish.
Generous prizes are on offer from the CGI Sports and Social Club, not only for being the first to reach the box, but also for the best solutions to the puzzle, the best entry from an ATH 'virgin' and anything else the setter deems worthy. The competition is open to anybody, but prizes can only be claimed by teams captained by a Logica/CGI employee, who is a current CGI SSC subscriber.
This site contains the Current Hunt, a History of previous hunts, some Guidelines and other useful material for new entrants, and Resources for Armchair Treasure Hunt setters. Refer to the Contacts page for the current website owner.
Pablo, who was responsible for the Logica Armchair Treasure Hunt and much of this website besides, sadly passed away after a long battle against cancer in October 2007. He will be very much missed by all ATHers.